fk India Network Blog

Fredskorpset ( fk) , Norway implements the overarching objectives for Norway’s cooperation with the developing countries:
to contribute to permanent improvements in economic, social and political conditions for the people of developing countries, with special emphasis on aid benefiting the poorest of the poor. To this end, FK Norway shall work particularly to realise the objective of a more just world order based on fundamental human rights. With a view to this, FK Norway shall contribute to the creation of contact and cooperation between individuals, organisations and institutions in Norway and in the developing countries, based on solidarity, equality and reciprocity. The funds of FK Norway shall go to measures directed to countries that are classified by the OECD as potential recipients of official development aid (the ODA countries). Of this, at least half shall go to measures that include the Least Developed Countries (LDCs).

Tasks

As part of its objectives FK Norway shall:

* promote reciprocal learning;
* help participants to integrate their know-how and experience into their own societies;
* help to develop and strengthen civil society in developing countries;
* strengthen local organisation and democratic structures in developing countries;
* enhance the ability of the people to set and achieve their own development goals;
* promote greater participation by developing countries in international cooperation.

To perform these tasks FK Norway shall support organisations and institutions in Norway and in developing countries (partners) who collaborate through their own personnel (participants).

To this end FK Norway shall organise the recruitment and training of participants as well as various forms of collaboration among a diverse group of private and public organisations and institutions.

* in the developing countries, between Norwegian organisations and institutions and organisations and institutions in the developing countries, as well as between organisations and institutions in the developing countries which have established co-operation with Norwegian organisations and institutions (South-South co-operation),
* in Norway, between Norwegian organisations and institutions and organisations and institutions in the developing countries.

More information on Fredskorpset : www.fredskorpset.no

The blog is a creation of the Network at the National Level in INDIA to share and learn from each other. The network consists of various organisations whose link can be found on the blog.

For any information, feed back and queries, please write to us,

xfkindia@gmail.com

Thank you,

Fk India Network !

Monday, November 5, 2007

TEAM OF FK Preparatory Course





The Team

Johny Joseph, CSA – the man who started it all
The germ of the FKC idea was born when I met Sacha 3 years ago. Sacha gave the go ahead for the 8th FKC after going through the design of the program. We went to Bangkok for the 7th FKC in April-May 2007, and after that, we were ready to start work. The results are there for all to see.

Sacha Jotisalikorn, FKC – the one who knew the pulse of the course
I wish the participants the very best of luck and hope they don’t face difficulties they cannot solve. I hope the course was useful and they are able to implement concepts into practice. When people come at the beginning they are tense, by the time they finish, they are like family.

Nisa Chamsuwan, FKC – the woman who led from the front with a microphone
I echo Sacha’s thoughts when I hope that the participants utilize the knowledge they have gained here. On a personal note, this was a good trip for me, as I went for the first time on the social and cultural trip to Mysore. I enjoyed it very much.

Shaji Varghese, CSA – the quiet thinker who planned it all
The concept of a South-South exchange is a fantastic idea in the sense of promoting global understanding and peace. It was great to see young energetic people from backgrounds as diverse as media, fisheries and social work working together. The resource people also made the course very informal through their experiential methodologies in teaching their content.

Antony Raju, CSA – he was there all the time
It was a wonderful experience to see them start off as nervous participants sitting alone in front of their computers but finally ending up as one big family. People don’t want to leave now. It will be a great value addition for their work in their host countries.

Ruthy Rajan dreams of being a journalist who also works with under-privileged children.
(II Journalism)
'This is my second year in CSA so therefore I have more responsibilities this year. Learnt a lot while helping to organise this programme. It was quite an experience to delegate responsibilities to the first year students as well.'

Jofin C.V dreams of becoming a cricketer.
(I Computers)
'First year in CSA and I was able to communicate with such varied people and to get involved in this programme is really good.'

Prakash KN dreams of becoming an actor.
(I Sociology)
'This was a great experience and I liked the fact that there were so many people from different countries coming together.'

Arun Williams dreams of working in an airlines.
(I Political Science)
'I learnt a lot. Had a lot of fun. I got to make a lot of friends in CSA. The senior volunteers are very supportive and we learnt a lot of things.'

Santhosh M Katkurwar dreams of becoming the CEO of Google Search
(I Economics)
'It was a great experience. We interacted with different people, learnt various cultures. Exchanged ideas, different views…'

Peter Serjious dreams of becoming a football player, body builder & a social worker.
(I Botany)
'Excellent experience. I loved the interaction.'

Vandana R. dreams of becoming a journalist
(II Journalism) 'This whole experience has been a learning for us in terms of organization as well as attending some of the sessions. Great to meet so many people from different countries'.

Bharath N dreams of becoming a social worker
(II Sociology) 'It was a great experience because through these sessions I learnt very many things. Not only the participants but even the CSA volunteers found this very useful for our future.'

Mathews George dreams of becoming a Missionary, Psychotherapist & a counsellor
(I MSc-Psychology) 'It has been great knowing people from different countries working with them and for them. It is great working with this team of dedicated volunteers doing the background work. I also got to help in conducting the interactive games as part of the course.'

Nivendra Uduman dreams of becoming a social worker
(I Psychology) 'This was my first project that I was involved in and I really learnt a lot of things. I made a lot of new friends and the airport trips were great fun. I loved them the most.'

Ronald Joseph dreams of becoming a great manager also doing social work
(I Psychology) 'This was my first experience in CSA and interacting with so many people. I would like to thank CSA for making me a volunteer for this programme. I learnt how to communicate with people.'

Jaikrishna R dreams of becoming a social worker
(III Chemistry) 'I have been a CSA volunteer for numerous programmes before this. This was a different experience as it was for a duration of 20 days, the others were of a shorter duration. I liked the fact that there were participants from different countries coming together. '

SVATI M SATISH

My Ambition: I want to be a journalist and it has been a dream since as long as I can remember. Also I wish to do something for those living in the underlying sections of the society. It can either be through helping the children with their education or just by creating awareness among the people about various civic and health related issues.

For the Fk Programme:
FK has helped to better my understanding about various socially related issues and problems. Also it has given me an opportunity to interact with people from different countries and genres.

Concept, design and documentation for the 8th FKC by Theatre-in-Education, Script Peoples Theatre

1 comment:

serjious said...

thanQ 4 doing us everything. i am really so grateful 2 each and everyone. thanQ.... 4 each and everyone's cooperation..